Child Life Services works with patients and families to promote a positive medical experience. Our child life specialists are trained in child development and the unique needs of children, teens, and families in the hospital. Through play, child life specialists create a friendly environment to help your child feel more comfortable.
- My child is nervous about or has questions about an upcoming procedure or test.
- My child needs help coping during a procedure or test.
- My child's brother or sister has concerns about the hospital.
- My child has had a traumatic experience.
- My child is having difficulty coping with hospital or doctor visits.
- My child has a long-term condition or was just diagnosed with one.
- My child is coming to the hospital and would benefit from a pre-admission visit.
- My child needs age-appropriate toys/activities.
- I have questions about my child's developmental needs.
- I need suggestions for talking to my child about his or her hospital experience.
Vanderbilt®, Vanderbilt University Medical Center®, V Oak Leaf Design®,
Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt®, and Vanderbilt Health®
are all trademarks of The Vanderbilt University.
© 2017 Vanderbilt University Medical Center. All rights reserved.