This year's Vanderbilt Dance Marathon Big Event, on Saturday, February 7, raised $161,923 to support children and families at Children's Hospital. The Dance Marathon is Vanderbilt’s largest student-run philanthropic organization, drawing about 1,000 attendees and features 13.1 hours of dancing, games, entertainment and guests.
The Centers for Disease Control has awarded Vanderbilt University $1.8 million over the next four years to monitor the number and characteristics of 8-year-olds with Autism Spectrum Disorder and other intellectual disabilities.
The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt has received a $180,369 donation from Kohl's, through its Kohl’s Cares program, to support a new home safety initiative housed out of the hospital’s injury prevention program.
Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt launched the “Growing to New Heights” fundraising campaign to add 160,000 square feet of additional space atop the hospital’s existing structure.
Sometimes it’s hard to tell what to do when a child gets sick at night or on weekends. Should you go to the emergency room, or wait until the pediatrician’s office is open again?
The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt won the Top Performer Award for “Inpatient Services — Children’s Hospitals” in the 2014 Excellence in Healthcare Award.
With the ever-expanding number of car seats on the market and new technologies, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration revised its guidelines to keep infants and children safe.
- Unintentional Shootings Are Leading Cause of Firearm Injuries in Children; Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt Offers Prevention Tips (Mar. 30, 2015)
- Grand Ole Opry launches a month of performances to benefit Children's Hospital (Mar. 25, 2015)
- Tips to keep children safe on their sleds (Mar. 5, 2015)
- Children Can Learn to Swallow Pills (Apr. 22, 2015)
- Ease Daylight Saving Time Grogginess (Mar. 4, 2015)
- Bob Cotton recalled as devoted teacher, mentor, scientist (Jan. 8, 2015)
© 2015 Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt