Our experts have pulled together simple tips to keep you and your family safe from burns and scalds.
Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt will open a third after-hours clinic, located in Spring Hill, Tenn., Monday, Feb. 3.
The American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM) has released a position statement to guide health providers who care for young athletes.
Like watching a foreign movie that was badly dubbed, children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) have trouble integrating simultaneous information from their eyes and their ears, according to a Vanderbilt study published today in The Journal of Neuroscience.
People using space heaters to warm up their living and working spaces need to be aware of a potential “silent killer” inside their homes and offices — carbon monoxide.
Children hospitalized for pneumonia have similar outcomes, including length of stay and costs, regardless of whether they are treated with “big gun” antibiotics such as ceftriaxone or cefotaxime or more narrowly focused antibiotics such as ampicillin or penicillin.
Emergency room doctors at Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt warn children and teens about the risks of brain damage or death from playing the choking game.
- Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital Celebrates 10 Years of Service (Feb. 28, 2014)
- Doctors at Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt Using ECMO to Save Flu Patients (Feb. 18, 2014)
- Vanderbilt Study Shows Mother’s Voice Improves Hospitalization and Feeding in Preemies (Feb. 17, 2014)
- Sharing her heart for Christmas (Dec. 20, 2013)
- Mother’s Immunosuppressive Medications Not Likely to Put Fetus at Risk (Nov. 8, 2013)
- Effort to prevent childhood obesity hits halfway point (Oct. 31, 2013)
© 2014 Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt