Vanderbilt medical toxicologists are reporting an increase in patients seen with brown recluse spider bites this summer.
Four-wheeler ATV injuries are a leading cause of trauma-related admissions to Children’s Hospital, where experts are urging adults and children who choose to ride to follow all safety precautions.
With temperatures rising in Middle Tennessee, safety experts at Children’s Hospital want to stress the danger of leaving children unattended in vehicles.
The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt won the Top Performer Award for “Inpatient Services — Children’s Hospitals” in the 2014 Excellence in Healthcare Award.
Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt is named among the nation’s Best Children’s Hospitals for the eighth consecutive year in U.S. News & World Report’s annual rankings.
Injuries from lawn mowers are among the most traumatic seen at the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt. They are devastating to patients and their families.
Dogs bite nearly 4.5 million Americans each year, half of which are children. Read our common-sense precautions for keeping children safe around dogs, including your own family pet.
With the ever-expanding number of car seats on the market and new technologies, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration revised its guidelines to keep infants and children safe.
- Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt Celebrates National Child Passenger Safety Week with a Free Car Seat Check (Sep. 15, 2014)
- Doctors at Monroe Carell Jr. Childrenís Hospital at Vanderbilt offer Back-toSchool Tips for Backpack Safety & Injury Prevention (Sep. 10, 2014)
- Vanderbilt-led Study Shows Nationwide Declines in Central Line Infections and Ventilator Pneumonias in Critically Ill Infants (Sep. 9, 2014)
- Monroe Carell Jr. Childrenís Hospital at Vanderbilt Offers Tips to Keep ATV Riders Safe (Jul. 22, 2014)
- Hospital chaplain Rev. Raye Nell Dyer awarded Field Education Supervisor of the Year (May. 30, 2014)
- The ABCs of Water Safety (May. 22, 2014)
© 2014 Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt