This year's Vanderbilt Dance Marathon Big Event, on Saturday, February 7, raised $161,923 to support children and families at Children's Hospital. The Dance Marathon is Vanderbilt’s largest student-run philanthropic organization, drawing about 1,000 attendees and features 13.1 hours of dancing, games, entertainment and guests.
The Centers for Disease Control has awarded Vanderbilt University $1.8 million over the next four years to monitor the number and characteristics of 8-year-olds with Autism Spectrum Disorder and other intellectual disabilities.
The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt has received a $180,369 donation from Kohl's, through its Kohl’s Cares program, to support a new home safety initiative housed out of the hospital’s injury prevention program.
Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt launched the “Growing to New Heights” fundraising campaign to add 160,000 square feet of additional space atop the hospital’s existing structure.
Sometimes it’s hard to tell what to do when a child gets sick at night or on weekends. Should you go to the emergency room, or wait until the pediatrician’s office is open again?
The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt won the Top Performer Award for “Inpatient Services — Children’s Hospitals” in the 2014 Excellence in Healthcare Award.
Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt is named among the nation’s Best Children’s Hospitals for the eighth consecutive year in U.S. News & World Report’s annual rankings.
With the ever-expanding number of car seats on the market and new technologies, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration revised its guidelines to keep infants and children safe.
- Clinic schedules for Thursday Feb. 19. (Feb. 19, 2015)
- Donation from Ford Driving Skills for Life Enhances Teen Driver Safety Initiative at Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt (Dec. 16, 2014)
- Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt Urges Caution During Holiday Decorating (Dec. 4, 2014)
- Bob Cotton recalled as devoted teacher, mentor, scientist (Jan. 8, 2015)
- Physician-scientist is dream job for Vanderbilt’s Cassat (Dec. 5, 2014)
- New Technique Eases Gallbladder Surgery for Children (Nov. 6, 2014)
© 2015 Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt