Emergency physicians call the summer months the "trauma season." As weather warms, doctors at Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt see about a 60 percent increase in trauma cases.
Active play is part of the summer camp experience. Children at camp are going to run, climb, fall, and collide.
Pediatricians at Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt have seen four infant deaths from unsafe sleeping habits in the last seven weeks. Infant sleep-related deaths are heartwrenching tragedies that can be preventable when safe sleeping practices are followed.
One of the most common questions pediatricians hear about fevers is “How high is too high?” The answer: A fever in itself is not dangerous, but may be an indication of something else that needs medical attention, said Mary Kay Bartek, M.D., a general pediatrician at Vanderbilt’s After-Hours Clinic in Mt. Juliet.
This year's Vanderbilt Dance Marathon Big Event, on Saturday, February 7, raised $161,923 to support children and families at Children's Hospital. The Dance Marathon is Vanderbilt’s largest student-run philanthropic organization, drawing about 1,000 attendees and features 13.1 hours of dancing, games, entertainment and guests.
Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt launched the “Growing to New Heights” fundraising campaign to add 160,000 square feet of additional space atop the hospital’s existing structure.
With the ever-expanding number of car seats on the market and new technologies, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration revised its guidelines to keep infants and children safe.
- Children’s Hospital Patient Departs for National Ambassador Tour to Share How Donations Changed Her Life (Jun. 10, 2015)
- 2015 Children's Miracle Network Telethon (Jun. 3, 2015)
- Safety Expert at Monroe Carell Jr. Children Hospital at Vanderbilt Reminds You to Follow the ABCs of Water Safety This Summer (May. 22, 2015)
- Meet Winston Hovis, the 2015 Steeplechase Child Ambassador (Apr. 27, 2015)
- Children Can Learn to Swallow Pills (Apr. 22, 2015)
- Ease Daylight Saving Time Grogginess (Mar. 4, 2015)
© 2015 Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt