Call 911 if your child is experiencing a life-threatening medical situation.
Call the Children's Hospital Emergency Center at (615) 343-2996.
Children's Hospital's goal is to provide the greater Nashville area and all of Middle Tennessee with the best pediatric emergency care.
Our emergency center is staffed by board-certified pediatric emergency physicians 24 hours a day. We manage everything from minor illnesses to life-threatening injuries.
The emergency center at Children's Hospital in Nashville exclusively treats pediatric emergencies.
Nashville: The emergency room is near the main hospital entrance at 2200 Children's Way.
Franklin: We now offer the same child-centered emergency care at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital at Williamson Medical Center, Franklin, Tennessee.
Poison Center Hotline: (800) 222-1222
The Tennessee Poison Center is nearby at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
We offer convenient After-Hours Clinics in Brentwood, Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet, and Spring Hill.
After-hours clinic or emergency room?
It can be difficult and stressful to know when to visit the emergency room and when a medical situation can wait for an after-hours clinic. Let us help you know how to make the call.
Read more about differences in symptoms that will help you choose between a walk-in or after-hours clinic and the emergency room.
Why choose Children's Hospital for emergency services?
- Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt is the only Pediatric Level-1 Trauma Center within 150 miles of Nashville, offering the highest level of service to pediatric trauma patients.
- Our doctors are board-certified with advanced training in emergency medicine for children.
- We offer one of the most experienced and longest-running Pediatric and Neonatal Transport teams in the nation.
- You'll have around-the-clock access to the staff and facilities at Children's Hospital, including specialists, operating rooms, on-site MRI and CT scanners, and emergency respiratory therapy.
- Our on-site child life specialists will help your child cope with the visit.
- We are a family-friendly facility with child-sized equipment.
- We provide advanced levels of sedation for children. Pediatric sedation helps children stay comfortable during potentially stressful or painful procedures.
Vanderbilt®, Vanderbilt University Medical Center®, V Oak Leaf Design®,
Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt®, and Vanderbilt Health®
are all trademarks of The Vanderbilt University.