Whether your child is facing one of childhood's routine mishaps or something far more serious, our goal is to provide Middle Tennessee's best emergency care 24 hours a day.
Online map and turn-by-turn driving directions
The emergency room is near the main hospital entry at 2200 Children's Way, Nashville.
We offer convenient After-Hours Clinics in Brentwood, Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet, and Spring Hill.
Should you Choose the After-Hours Clinic or the Emergency Room?
Poison Center Hotline: (800) 222-1222
The Tennessee Poison Center is nearby at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
When to bring your child to the emergency room
Your first call should be to your pediatrician or family doctor who knows your child's medical history. What kinds of symptoms require emergency treatment?
Call 911 if your child's life may be in danger or they are seriously ill.
Why choose us?
- Our Pediatric Level-1 Trauma Center is the only one within 150 miles of Nashville. A Level-1 facility offers the highest level of service to pediatric trauma patients.
- Our doctors are board-certified with advanced training in emergency medicine especially for children.
- We offer one of the most experienced Neonatal and Pediatric Transport teams in the nation.
- You'll have around-the-clock access to the staff and facilities at Children's Hospital, including specialists, operating rooms, on-site MRI and CT scanners, and emergency respiratory therapy.
- Our on-site child life specialists help children cope with their visit.
- We are a family-friendly facility with child-sized equipment.
- We provide advanced levels of sedation for children. Pediatric sedation helps children stay comfortable during potentially stressful or painful procedures.
© 2016 Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt