The Complex AeroDigestive Evaluation Team (CADET) diagnoses and treats chronically ill children with complex airway problems including: voice box, windpipe, pulmonary (lung), upper digestive tract (esophagus, stomach), sleep, and feeding disorders.
Our clinic staff, lab specialists, radiologists, and surgeons, work together as a team to find answers to difficult health questions. Excellent communication is at the heart of our CADET team. We also value your input and respect your need to stay informed about patient progress.
Our core team members come from the following specialties:
- Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose and Throat)
- Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- Allergy, Immunology and Pulmonary Medicine
- Speech Therapy
- Other Support Members
- Pediatric Surgery
- Respiratory Therapy
- Child Life Specialists
- Occupational and Physical Therapy
- Social Work
The benefits of teamwork between these specialties include:
- Scheduling one appointment, at one location, to see all doctors and care providers.
- Your child is put under anesthesia only once for evaluation, not separately for each doctor.
- All physicians share a single patient record and together develop a collaborative treatment plan.
- There is continuity of care throughout the length of treatment.
- Efficient pathway to diagnosis and treatment.
© 2013 Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt