The Complex AeroDigestive Evaluation Team (CADET) diagnoses and treats chronically ill children with complex airway problems including: voice box, windpipe, pulmonary (lung), upper digestive tract (esophagus, stomach), sleep, and feeding disorders.
Our core team members come from the following specialties:
- Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose and Throat)
- Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- Allergy, Immunology and Pulmonary Medicine
- Speech Therapy
- Other Support Members
- Pediatric Surgery
- Respiratory Therapy
- Child Life Specialists
- Occupational and Physical Therapy
- Social Work
The benefits of teamwork between these specialties include:
- Scheduling one appointment, at one location, to see all doctors and care providers.
- Your child is put under anesthesia only once for evaluation, not separately for each doctor.
- All physicians share a single patient record and together develop a collaborative treatment plan.
- There is continuity of care throughout the length of treatment.
- Efficient pathway to diagnosis and treatment.
© 2015 Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt