The Vanderbilt-Meharry-Matthew Walker Center of Excellence in Sickle Cell Disease is your medical home for life-long care and support from people who know your name. We bring together primary care providers and specialists from local institutions under one roof to treat individuals with sickle cell disease.
How We Can Help Your Child and Your Family
- Regularly scheduled visits and access to doctors, nurses, staff, and family support between visits
- Evening and Saturday hours
- Pain management
- Asthma management and lung testing
- Management of acute chest syndrome
- Blood transfusion therapy
- Dental and eye exams
- Social services and mental health support
- Transition from child to adult care
May 2 – 4, 2014 – Sickle Cell Disease and Asthma Family Weekend Retreat
May 31, 2014 - Sickle Cell Walk
July 19, 2014 – Back to School Bash
Our mission is to provide in a medical home setting, the best available medical care, educational support, advocacy and research for all children, adults and families whose lives are affected by sickle cell disease. Your contribution will be used to support all educational and programmatic activities lead by the Center of Excellence in Sickle Cell Disease.
© 2014 Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt