The Vanderbilt-Meharry-Matthew Walker Center of Excellence in Sickle Cell Disease is your medical home for life-long care and support from people who know your name. We bring together primary care providers and specialists from local institutions under one roof to treat individuals with sickle cell disease.
How We Can Help Your Child and Your Family
- Regularly scheduled visits and access to doctors, nurses, staff, and family support between visits
- Evening and Saturday hours
- Pain management
- Asthma management and lung testing
- Management of acute chest syndrome
- Blood transfusion therapy
- Dental and eye exams
- Social services and mental health support
- Transition from child to adult care
Recent News - SITT Trial
The Silent Infarct Transfusion Study at Vanderbilt (SITT) is an international six-year study evaluating the effectiveness of blood transfusion therapy for silent strokes, a common and serious complication of sickle cell disease.
© 2016 Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt