Filling business needs with qualified people living with developmental diabilities since 2005.
How is Project Opportunity different from other job training programs?
Project Opportunity provides people living with disabilities with tuition-FREE job training and educational, developmental, and employment opportunities within Vanderbilt.
What makes us stand out from other training programs is the “follow along” we provide. As long as the graduate is working at Vanderbilt, we provide help on the job. We also provide support for the graduate, parents and managers.
The ideal candidate:
- Has met high school certificate/diploma requirements
- Is eligible for Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Desires competitive employment at Vanderbilt
- Communicates effectively
- Accepts and improves from constructive feedback
- Has an ultimate goal of working independently
- Takes pride in personal and professional appearance
- Is willing to learn new job skills
- Is comfortable working in a health care setting
Once admitted into the program, we provide the following services:
- Personal job readiness training in realistic, inclusive settings
- Job coaching, as needed, throughout training and employment
- Personal career planning and job search
- Training and ongoing support for parents/guardians
- Travel training, such as using public transportation, locating rideshare options, creating back-up or weather related travel plans
- Help with resume writing and the application process
- Follow-along and career enhancement services while the person works at Vanderbilt
Are YOU up for the challenge?
Project Opportunity is looking for people who want a job doing fulfilling work. If you are looking for superior training opportunities and the potential for a life-long career, fill out our application or ask your Vocational Rehabilitation counselor about us.
To schedule a tour of our program meet some of our graduates, call (615) 343-7773.
Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt
2200 Children’s Way, B-320
Nashville, TN 37232-9633
Phone: (615) 343-7773
Fax: (615) 343-7770
© 2013 Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt