Filling business needs with qualified people living with developmental diabilities since 2005.
How is Project Opportunity different from other job training programs?
Project Opportunity provides people living with disabilities with tuition-free job training and educational, developmental, and employment opportunities within Vanderbilt.
What makes us stand out from other training programs is the “follow along” we provide. As long as the graduate is working at Vanderbilt, we provide help on the job. We also provide support for the graduate, parents and managers.
We will be accepting applications for the upcoming Fall class from January 2014-April 1, 2014. An application form will be posted on this site before Jan. 2014.
The ideal candidate:
- Has met high school certificate/diploma requirements
- Is eligible for Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Desires competitive employment at Vanderbilt
- Communicates effectively
- Accepts and improves from constructive feedback
- Has an ultimate goal of working independently
- Takes pride in personal and professional appearance
- Is willing to learn new job skills
- Is comfortable working in a health care setting
Once admitted into the program, we provide the following services:
- Personal job readiness training in realistic, inclusive settings
- Job coaching, as needed, throughout training and employment
- Personal career planning and job search
- Training and ongoing support for parents/guardians
- Travel training, such as using public transportation, locating rideshare options, creating back-up or weather related travel plans
- Help with resume writing and the application process
- Follow-along and career enhancement services while the person works at Vanderbilt
Are YOU up for the challenge?
To schedule a tour of our program or to meet some of our graduates, call (615) 343-7773.
Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt
2200 Children’s Way, B-320
Nashville, TN 37232-9633
Follow us on Facebook
Phone: (615) 343-7773
Fax: (615) 343-7770
Project Opportunity to become Project Search
Beginning in 2014, our program is changing names to Project Search.
This project is funded under an agreement with the State of Tennessee.
© 2013 Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt