International Adoption Clinic
Adopting a child from another country is one of the most important decisions that parents will ever make. Our team of pediatricians, occupational therapists, and developmental psychologists work with adoptive parents before, during, and after this journey.
Our clinic specializes in:
- evaluation of medical and developmental problems among internationally adopted children
- counseling for adoptive parents
- screening of pre-adoption records
- comprehensive medical evaluations
- intervention strategies for these children after their arrival in the United States
Our international adoption team works closely with primary care providers after a child is adopted to provide optimal care. We also work with subspecialties, such as neurology, genetics, psychology, social work, nutrition, rehabilitation, and infectious diseases.
© 2016 Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt