Safe Kids Cumberland Valley
Safe Kids Cumberland Valley includes representatives of public safety, children's health agencies, public policy servants, community organizations, businesses, and community members working together to keep kids safe across 41 counties in Middle Tennessee.
Our Safe Kids coalition carries out grassroots initiatives in support of Safe Kids Worldwide. This global network of organizations provides parents and caregivers with practical and proven resources to protect kids from unintentional injuries, the number-one cause of death to children in the United States.
Throughout the world, almost one million children die of injuries each year, and every one of these tragedies is preventable. Safe Kids works with a network of more than 600 coalitions in the U.S. and in more than 20 countries to reduce traffic injuries, drownings, falls, burns, poisonings, and more. Since 1988, Safe Kids has helped reduce the U.S. childhood death rate from unintentional injury by 55 percent. Working together, we can do much more for kids everywhere.
Children's Hospital is a proud leader of Safe Kids Worldwide and the lead organization of Safe Kids Cumberland Valley, which was established in the fall of 2003. These two organizations host a variety of community events and initiatives throughout the year.
Safe Kids programs
- Child Passenger Safety - Safe Kids Buckle Up
- Pedestrian Safety - Safe Kids Walk this Way
- Railroad Safety - Safe Crossings
Safe Kids Cumberland Valley relies on the support of strong community partners to keep children in Middle Tennessee safe.
- Babies R Us
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives
- Davidson County Sheriff's Office
- Fed Ex
- Franklin Fire Department
- Governor's Highway Safety Office
- Mayor's Office of Children and Youth
- Meharry Medical College
- Metro Nashville Police Department
- Metro Parks and Recreation
- Metro Public Health Department
- Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt
- Nashville Area Assoc. for the Education of Young Children
- Nashville Fire Department
- Rutherford County, Tennessee Sheriff's Office
- Safe Baby
- Safe Routes to School
- State Farm
- Tennessee Department of Health
- Tennessee Department of Transportation
- Tennessee Highway Patrol
- Tennessee Operation Life Saver
- Tennessee Poison Center
- Tennessee Regional Safety Council
- Tennessee State University C.A.R.E.S. Program
- U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Vanderbilt University Police Department
Safe Kids across Tennessee
Safe Kids Cumberland Valley works closely with other Safe Kids Coalitions across the state. Contact the coalition nearest you for more information about the programs offered in your area:
Vanderbilt®, Vanderbilt University Medical Center®, V Oak Leaf Design®,
Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt®, and Vanderbilt Health®
are all trademarks of The Vanderbilt University.
© 2017 Vanderbilt University Medical Center. All rights reserved.