Trauma Injury Prevention Programs
Trauma Service's Injury Prevention Program strives to reduce unintentional injuries among children and promote safe behaviors in the community by:
- Developing strategies based on analysis of trauma data from Children's Hospital and the State of Tennessee.
- Providing injury prevention education and resources to families in the hospital and community.
- Conducting and participating in innovative research that furthers the injury prevention field.
- Educating hospital staff and state agencies on injury prevention topics through our Timely Trauma Topic Conference series.
- Collaborating at the local, state, and national levels to promote programs and policies that protect children
For more information about the Pediatric Trauma Injury Prevention Program, contact program manager Purnima Unni, MPH, CHES, at (615) 936-8222.
Safety Topic of the Week
Be sure to check out the latest information on distraction and driving.
Vanderbilt®, Vanderbilt University Medical Center®, V Oak Leaf Design®,
Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt®, and Vanderbilt Health®
are all trademarks of The Vanderbilt University.
© 2017 Vanderbilt University Medical Center. All rights reserved.