Trauma Injury Prevention Programs
Trauma Service's Injury Prevention Program strives to reduce unintentional injuries among children and to promote safe behaviors in the community by:
- Developing data-driven strategies based on analysis of trauma data from Children's Hospital and the State of Tennessee.
- Providing injury prevention education and resources to families in the hospital and community.
- Conducting and participating in innovative research that furthers the field of injury prevention.
- Educating the hospital staff and state agencies on injury prevention topics through our Timely Trauma Topic Conference series.
- Collaborating at the local, state, and national levels to promote programs and policies that protect children.
Safety Topic of the Week
Many people view Labor Day as the end of summer and their last chance to travel, hit the beach, and fire up the grill. Be sure to follow the safety tips below to make sure your family will enjoy a fun and safe holiday!
For more information about the Pediatric Trauma Injury Prevention Program, contact the program manager Purnima Unni, MPH, CHES, at 615-936-8222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2015 Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt