Trauma Service's Injury Prevention Program strives to reduce unintentional injuries among children and to promote safe behaviors in the community by:
- Developing data-driven strategies based on analysis of trauma data from Children's Hospital as well as from the State of Tennessee.
- Planning, implementing and evaluating evidence-based, data driven programs to serve our community.
- Providing injury prevention education and resources to families within the hospital and in the community.
- Conducting and participating in innovative research that furthers the field of injury prevention.
- Educating the hospital staff and state agencies on injury prevention topics through our Timely Trauma Topic Conference series.
- Collaborating at the local, state, and national levels to promote programs and policies that protect children.
For more information about the Injury Prevention Program, please contact Purnima Unni, Pediatric Trauma Injury Prevention Coordinator at email@example.com.
© 2013 Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt