Trauma Injury Prevention Programs
Trauma Service's Injury Prevention Program strives to reduce unintentional injuries among children and to promote safe behaviors in the community by:
- Developing data-driven strategies based on analysis of trauma data from Children's Hospital and the State of Tennessee.
- Providing injury prevention education and resources to families in the hospital and community.
- Conducting and participating in innovative research that furthers the field of injury prevention.
- Educating the hospital staff and state agencies on injury prevention topics through our Timely Trauma Topic Conference series.
- Collaborating at the local, state, and national levels to promote programs and policies that protect children
For more information about the Pediatric Trauma Injury Prevention Program, contact program manager Purnima Unni, MPH, CHES, at 615-936-8222.
Safety Topic of the Week:
What is the safest way to have fun on Halloween? Check out this to find out more!
© 2016 Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt