Trauma Injury Prevention Programs
Trauma Service's Injury Prevention Program strives to reduce unintentional injuries among children and to promote safe behaviors in the community by:
- Developing data-driven strategies based on analysis of trauma data from Children's Hospital and the State of Tennessee.
- Providing injury prevention education and resources to families in the hospital and community.
- Conducting and participating in innovative research that furthers the field of injury prevention.
- Educating the hospital staff and state agencies on injury prevention topics through our Timely Trauma Topic Conference series.
- Collaborating at the local, state, and national levels to promote programs and policies that protect children.
Safety Topic of the Week
Before you load up the family for a rural adventure, it's important to learn a bit about farm safety. Animals, heavy machinery, and pesticides are just a few of the hazards for kids on farms.
For more information about the Pediatric Trauma Injury Prevention Program, contact the program manager Purnima Unni, MPH, CHES, at (615) 936-8222.
© 2015 Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt