Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition
Our Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition team provides testing, treatment, and management of digestive problems in children. Our program has consistently ranked among the best clinical GI and liver programs in the country by U.S. News and World Report.
Call (615) 322-7449 for appointments and referrals. Main campus clinics are on the 10th floor of Doctors' Office Tower at Children's Hospital. We also have clinics in Murfreesboro, Franklin, Hendersonville, Jackson, and Cookeville, Tennessee.
Clinics and Programs
- Clostridium Difficile and Dysbiosis Clinic
- Colorectal Multidisciplinary Program
- Complex AeroDigestive Evaluation Team (CADET) Clinic
- Constipation Clinic
- Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders Program
- Gastrointestinal Disorders in Autistic Children
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease Program
- Liver Transplant Program
- Interventional and Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Nutrition and Intestinal Rehabilitation Clinic
Preparing for a Successful Clinic Visit
The resources below will help you prepare for your child's visit. This includes new patient information, what to bring, phone numbers, and more.
- About your child's clinic visit
- Frequently asked questions about endoscopy or other testing
- Contact information and directions
- My Health at Vanderbilt
New Pediatric Liver Transplant Service
Aubree Vanzant, 10, is the first patient to receive a transplanted liver in the new pediatric liver transplant program at Vanderbilt. Diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis, the Maryville resident underwent a 12-hour surgery to remove her liver to replace it with a healthy, deceased donor liver on June 25, 2015.
Research and Education
The division is nationally recognized for innovative research and training. Learn about our division faculty, their research efforts, and pediatric gastroenterology fellowship opportunities on the Department of Pediatrics' website.
Vanderbilt®, Vanderbilt University Medical Center®, V Oak Leaf Design®,
Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt®, and Vanderbilt Health®
are all trademarks of The Vanderbilt University.
© 2017 Vanderbilt University Medical Center. All rights reserved.