If you are a parent or guardian
Contact your child's primary care provider (PCP) and request they complete the referral process. Afterward, call (615) 936-5326 to schedule an appointment.
If you are a referring provider
Complete the referral process for your patient. For more information about how we evaluate obese children, as well as the various programs at Children's Hospital that can assist you at any stage of the evaluation or treatment process, please see our Obesity Resources page.
Unfortunately, many insurance companies do not recognize obesity as a medical condition. We recommend that your patient's family check with their insurance company about coverage details. If you perform fasting blood work prior to your patient's Clinic visit, this may reduce their out-of-pocket costs.
How to refer
1. Please fax the following information from the PCP's office to (615) 936-6710
- Current patient demographics
- Last well-child check up summary
- Current relevant lab work if already done (ex. HgbA1C, insulin, glucose, LFTs, fasting lipid panel, vitamin D)
- Growth charts
2. Advise the patient’s family to call (615) 936-5326 to schedule an appointment.
Vanderbilt®, Vanderbilt University Medical Center®, V Oak Leaf Design®,
Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt®, and Vanderbilt Health®
are all trademarks of The Vanderbilt University.
© 2017 Vanderbilt University Medical Center. All rights reserved.