Please join us in celebrating our children, families and community.
Sunday, October 7, 2012
2– 4 p.m.
Sports Club Field, located on the corner of Children's Way and 25th Avenue South
We Care for Kids Day is a celebration of children and families in our community.
The event is free and open to the public. Check out this video from last year's event.
In addition to entertainment on the "main stage," Children's Hospital departments and community organizations provide interactive, fun activities that focus on education, nutrition, safety, and exercise.
Children's Hospital Activities
- Adolescents and teens: texting and driving dangers
- Burn Clinic: Burn prevention
- Inpatient Pharmacy: Can you tell what is candy vs. medicine?
- PICU: Halloween safety activity, making pumpkin notepads
- Family Resource Center and Volunteer Services: Science experiments
- Child Life: Medical art
- Asthma Clinic: Breathing peak flow machine
- Pastoral Care: Pencil and paper games and bean toss
- Pediatric Rehabilitation: Obstacle course and sensory activities
- Kennedy Center: Brain bingo
- Friends of Children's Hospital: Jump rope, hoola hoops
- And more educational activities
Community Partners and Activities
- Carl Black Chevrolet: Toss game
- Country Music Hall of Fame: Come play a music instrument
- Honeysuckle Farms: Decorate/paint a pumpkin
- Meet Super Heroes and Star Wars characters
- Nashville Farmers' Market: Apple toss
- Nashville Predators: Hockey shoot
- Nashville Sounds: Fast pitch
- Nashville Public Library
- Nashville Parent
- Nashville Zoo
- News Channel 2 - WKRN
- YMCA of Middle Tennessee: Soccer shoot
© 2013 Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt