Friends of Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt volunteers provide the extra touches to soften the impact on Children's Hospital patients and their families as they face their injuries and illnesses. Read on to learn how you can make an impact on our patients by volunteering with Friends. Sign up for volunteer activities online now.
Generate philanthropic support for Children's Hospital by volunteering with one of the Friends fundraising initiatives:
- Help with Holiday Project, an annual initiative involving the sale of cards and other holiday items designed by patients.
- Help plan An Evening with Friends, a casual night of support occurring at the Loveless Barn in the fall.
- Get involved with Friends & Fashion, an annual springtime fashion show.
- Volunteer at The Friends Shop, an ecclectic shop located on the second floor of Children's Hospital.
Help provide for the needs of patients and their families by volunteering for one of the following hospital hospitality projects:
- Serve lunch or dinner to families twice a month with Friends Family Meals.
- Get involved with Patient Special Events, monthly activities for our patients and their families.
- Help show appreciation to the nurses, doctors and health care professionals by volunteering at Staff Special Events.
Get involved with hospital and community events as an outreach volunteer to promote the Children's Hospital mission:
- Help plan the annual "A Time for Remembering" Bereavement event each spring.
- Volunteer with Children's Miracle Network Hospitals events such as the Circus and Telethon.
- Volunteer with the Music City Tennis Invitational each April.
- Assist with We Care for Kids Day each fall.
- Teens in grades 7-12 looking to participate in philanthropy can become a Red Wagon Project ambassador.
Play an active role in helping run the Friends organization:
- Help with Membership Recruitment.
- Plan and coordinate Membership Events.
- Get involved as an Office Volunteer to help with general office needs.
- Serve as an On-Call Volunteer to help with non-routine hospital needs such as health fairs and community events.
Ready to Volunteer? Complete the Volunteer Sign-up Form
© 2014 Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt