The patients we see often have complex medical conditions. Our CADET team brings together Speech Therapy, Otolaryngology (ENT), Gastroenterology, and Pulmonology to coordinate the best possible plan for your child's health. This team works together to decide on issues such as placement or removal of a tracheostomy tube, airway reconstruction, and many others.
Pediatric nurse practitioners in our clinic work closely with families and doctors. They are here to listen, answer your questions, and address your concerns.
The evaluation and treatment process
- Your child receives an intake review, which includes pre-visit planning, checking medical records, lab work, and other evaluations.
- Doctors from appropriate divisions evaluate your child in the CADET clinic.
- If needed, the team gathers in the operating room while your child is under general anesthesia to evaluate your child's condition.
- After the initial evaluation, doctors meet with the family to discuss a plan of action.
- Working with health care experts from different areas and listening to families enables the team to coordinate the best treatment plan for your child.
- Our clinic coordinator then contacts the family to recommend next steps.
The following resources will help you prepare for an appointment.
© 2014 Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt